- DC CopyPro, what does your free English consulting service cover?
- Don’t make these mistakes—English errors seen in Korea (and around the world)
- Got an example of English in Korea that could be improved?
- DC CopyPro, could you just check all the English on my site quickly?
Need to post an English sign in your shop but worried about the grammar? Perhaps you want to change the English tagline on your website, but you’re unsure if it sounds awkward. Maybe you think the English spelling of your business name is correct, but you aren’t 100% sure. You may want to be professional but can’t be bothered hiring someone just to ask them a quick question. But where can you turn for help?
Look no further—help is here! DC CopyPro is launching a…
no strings attached
free English consulting service
for your copywriting and proofreading needs!
DC CopyPro, what does your free English consulting service cover?
- Adding a single item to your menu and want to check the English?
- Making a new sign for your business and want to make sure the English is perfect?
- Creating a banner for an opening event and need to check the English text quickly?
- Need to make sure you’ve used the correct translation in your tagline?
- Putting English on your packaging and want to make sure it sounds natural?
- Don’t want people laughing at the English displayed in your business?
These are small, quick jobs. They aren’t worth the bother of hiring a professional English copywriter or proofreader. You just have a simple question and need a quick answer.
DC CopyPro will give you the help you need. And all for the low, low price of ₩0! All you have to do to take advantage of this free service is contact me!
How can you contact me?
- Comment on this post
- Fill out the form on the Free English Consulting page
- Go to my Contact page
- Send me an email
- Leave a comment or message me on my Facebook page
- Message me on Instagram
- Message me on LinkedIn
I guarantee you’ll hear from me within 24 hours. There’s an excellent chance you’ll receive a reply within an hour or two. If I’m in front of my computer, I’ll get back to you ASAP!
Don’t make these mistakes—English errors seen in Korea (and around the world)
DC CopyPro compiles and shares daily examples of real English errors spotted in Korea (and around the globe). The purpose of these posts is not to ridicule (though we may share a good laugh) but to educate.
Instead of making fun of these English errors, DC CopyPro highlights the problems and provides suggested fixes. Learn from the mistakes of others. Don’t make the same mistakes yourself.
DC CopyPro has collected 900+ examples of mistakes and awkward English on signs, menus, clothing, and product packaging. The list continues to grow. These examples, with suggested corrections, are posted on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Follow DC CopyPro on Instagram for free tips on English mistakes to avoid. I’ve even compiled the most common mistakes in a two-part blog post (Part 1 / Part 2). Even better, this blog post contains a free list of approved English signs for Korean businesses.
Got an example of English in Korea that could be improved?
More than half of the 1,300+ examples DC CopyPro has amassed have been generous submissions. If you have a picture of a typo or awkward English in a sign or a menu, a humorous mistranslation, or poor choice of words for a product or business—send it to me! I won’t promise to use it, but if I share it in my Instagram feed, you will get full credit for the submission (if you’d like).
The only rules for submitting images are:
- It must be your image. I can’t use screenshots or photos from the web.
- You permit me to use the photo in my social media posts. I will credit you and tag you on Instagram if you like. If you don’t want to be credited, I’ll credit you as “anonymous”—no risk involved!
- The picture must include a typo, misspelling, grammar mistake, or poor translation—in English!
- Pictures can be from anywhere (not just Korea).
If you’d like to send me an image, please use this form. You’ll have to complete a new form for each image you submit. You can also send me a DM via any of my social media accounts.
Be sure to follow DC CopyPro on Instagram for examples of mistakes to avoid and how to fix them.
DC CopyPro, could you just check all the English on my site quickly?
This free English consulting service does NOT cover …
- Proofreading your entire site.
- Checking your 24-page booklet of English instructions for a product you sell.
- Copyediting your entire 47-item English menu.
- Proofreading and suggesting edits to your sales email.
- Doing your English homework for you.
You can HIRE me to do all those things (except the homework thing). I provide all those services and would be happy to help you. Just contact me, and I’ll provide you with a personalized quote.
Whether you have a quick question about English or would like a quote for a possible project, help is only a message away! Subscribe to this blog or follow me on Instagram, Threads, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter for more content and updates.
Fill out this form to start the conversation.